Before You Start
If your iPad is fresh out of the box then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the first time setup. This includes things like setting the language, entering your personal Apple ID, and accepting the Terms & Conditions. Now is probably a good time to make sure your battery isn't about to run out.
Enrolling The iPad
- Make sure your iPad is connected to the internet. The easiest way to do this is to connect to the LSU Public Wi-Fi network - if you can't see this network then move closer to the Piazza or JCs. You can also use your Wi-Fi at home if you prefer. Once the iPad has enrolled onto our management platform it will automatically connect to the more secure staff network.
- Open Safari and browse to .
- You will see a screen like the one below. Enter your username and password and tap Login.
- You will see the following screen. Tap on Install Certificate to continue.
- Tap Install and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the last step in the process, tap Done. You will be taken to this screen.
- Again, tap Install and follow the instructions.
- When you see this screen your iPad has been successfully enrolled.
Within a couple of minutes of enrolling your iPad you will be prompted for various passwords for things such as your LSU email account and to connect to the staff Wi-Fi network. The username will be filled in for you, all you need to do is enter your password, which is the same one you use to logon to the PCs and access webmail.
You will also be given 60 minutes to choose a passcode. Once you have done this your iPad will automatically lock after 5 minutes of inactivity. If the passcode is entered wrong 10 times the device will be wiped as a security measure, since 10 incorrect passcode entries in a row is usually an indicator that someone is attempting to guess the code.
Be sure to have a look at the icon labelled Self Service, here we have put links to various apps that you might find useful. If you have any suggestions for ones you'd like to see added then get in touch and we will update that screen.