These instructions are provided as a guide to users wanting to use their own devices to connect to Union systems. Unfortunately we are not able to configure your personal device for you.
Corporate issued iPads are preconfigured, you do not need to manually add your email account to them.
This guide was written for iOS 5 on an iPad. The steps should be similar for iPhone users, as well as those using other iOS versions.
- Open the Settings menu on your device.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account….
- Pick Microsoft Exchange from the list.
- Add your email address and password - if you're connected to the internet and your email address is the same as your username (99% of our accounts are) then the device should sort everything out for itself.
- If it doesn't…
- If you are NOT on Office 365, enter the settings as they appear below, changing the username and email address to your own. The Server field will only appear when you tap Next the first time, but with our new server you hopeful won't see the server field - the idevice should find our server itself.
- If you are on Office 365, you do not need the domain and the server is outlook.office365.com.
- Tap Next again after filling in the server address.
- Pick what you want to sync, and you're done.
If the steps above do not make sense to you, or you cannot get the account to add properly, then please consult Apple or your carrier. Support links are below: