- Open the Network and Sharing Center and click Set up a new connection or network. The screen below will appear. Select Connect to a workplace and then click Next.
- Choose the top option, Use my Internet connection (VPN)
- Enter the settings, internet address is vpn.lsu.co.uk and destination name is LSU, make sure you tick "Don't Connect Now...", this is not pictured. Click Next.
- Fill the next screen in using the details below, substituting the user name with your own. Click Create.
- Return to the Network and Sharing Centre. In the top left corner there will be an option to select Change Adapter Settings, click this.
- Find the VPN adapter, called LSU, right click it and select Properties.
- Here select the Security tab at the top. At the very top here there is an option for Type of VPN, change this to "Layer 2 Tunnelling Protocal with IPSEC (L2TP/IPSec)". Then you'll need to click the Advanced Settings button just below.
- Tick the top box which says "Use preshared key for authentication". You'll need to fill in the key, you can find this in an email from Andy Todd, on the 10/1/2017. If you can't find this, or weren't working here then, contact a member of the Tech Department.
- Click okay, and then okay again and then exit out of the network connections. Click on the network icon on the bottom right, a little square with what looks like a trident next to it, and the option LSU should appear. Click on this and click connect.
To disconnect or reconnect the VPN click on the Network icon in your Notification Area (bottom-right of the screen, next to the clock), click the VPN connection with the name you chose in step 3, and choose either Connect or Disconnect.